Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Me and Mads' Birthday Extravaganza!


Maddie turned 12 on June 13th, but due to her school schedule and my work schedule, we were only able to celebrate Monday.  We went out for Mani/Pedi fun.  She was cracking me up.  She got this VERY CUTE young man (wow! I'm like 100 years old for saying that) who she thought was weird.  Of course she later agreed that she thought he was cute.   For the record, he was VERY cute.


Then we went out for dinner.  Her choice.  She chose seafood.  (of course she did).  She had never tried seafood, but really wanted to.  For those near and dear to me, you know how difficult this was for me.  I DO NOT EAT SEAFOOD.  But it wasn't my birthday celebration, so of course we went.  Joe's Crab Shack was the chosen location.  She was a champ!  She got shrimp that she had to peel (vomit) and then crab.  She got me to try a shrimp and I'm not exaggerating when I say I nearly threw up at the table.  So gross!  The waitress probably got a good laugh at us when she had to give Mads the "here's how you crack a crab leg" speech.  Whatever.  Mads had a great time.  She told me later that she felt "SO SPECIAL" and that was her "favourite birthday date ever!"  Awww.  That melted my heart.

Videos of the fun:
Mads vs Shrimp
Mads takes on Crab

No comments: