Saturday, January 31, 2015

Roo takes swimming lessons (First class)

Those of you that know me, know that I am addicted to Groupon.  If there is something on there that seems like it would be interesting, or hilarious, I'm going to buy it.  I just am.  So when the Groupon for $60 for three swimming classes for my dog came up - it was a no-brainer.  Yes I'm aware that dogs are natural swimmers, but if you saw his face every time I kick him out to potty in the rain in the backyard, or he has to get in the bath, you would know that this little guy may need a little coaxing.  He may never love the water, but at least now - I can take him to the river in the summers and he'll know what to do.

This is the video of his first swim.  His instructor, Jennifer (@Dog Gone Swimming) says that the splashing is totally normal because they're trying to figure out how not to sink.

 After only a few short tries - he was swimming!!!  Smooth and semi-calm!  It was a very proud moment.  Next week should be even better!


No comments: