Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Wickedly Awesome Long Weekend

In an effort to continue ticking things off my birthday list (wow do I have a long way to go still!) we started off the long weekend seeing Wicked here in Portland Thursday 8/20/15.  This was the 4th time I'd seen it (San Diego, LA and previously in Portland).  It is such an amazing show.  My mom was in town to see it, my Aunt Tami came down from Seattle, my sister-in-law Sarah and my other brother's girlfriend Holly were all set to see it.  The festivities technically started earlier in the day when we all got pedicures and then went to dinner near the theatre.

The next morning (early) I boarded a flight to Las Vegas to meet my lovely friends Melissa and Kristi (Utah and Tennessee respectively) for a very brief girls' weekend.  It was HOT!  I've become quite sissified to heat up here in the NW.  We had a great time as always and caught up on life.  It's amazing how you can just pick up like you just saw each other still.  I love that there's not a lot of reminiscing, but now just chatter about current stuff like we actually live near each other and hang out all the time.  Our yearly visits are quite fun and I cannot wait for the next one.  Just not Vegas.  We saw the Cirque d' Soleil show - Michael Jackson "One".  It was weird!  It was incredible the odd talent some of these people have but I wasn't expecting the show that was put on. Then we wandered the strip, hung out by the pool and then it was time to leave already.  Good friends are the best!

No comments: