Monday, September 1, 2008

Out of touch

I get that celebrities are "famous" and probably don't need to keep up with reality in order to be a member of contributing society (sarcasm) but this latest bit by Puff Daddy, (aka-P Diddy, Puffy, Shawn Puffy Combs, Shawn Combs, Diddy) is completely appalling. This guy clearly has a bigger ego than anyone thought possible.

Reasons I dislike the "Diddy"
a) Pick a name and stick with it. With each name change it's not like you're changing your image or anything. Look at Madonna - clearly re-inventing herself all the time, and has done quite well with one name throughout her career
b) Doing Burger King commercials now? So sad! Also, the fact that BK actually has some funny commercials with that King guy - and all their marketing dept could come up with using Diddy was "just tell them Diddy said it's open late". Tragic.
c) Why do you think you're this great music mogul. I literally can name like 1 song you put out, and it was just a sample of a Police song. Your making your money for that damn plane just because you sample everyone else's music.

I feel more bad for the suckers in 1st class that would have to put up with him on their Commercial Flight. I'd kick him in the junk as I trekked back to Coach if he was ever on my plane.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

dude, are you JOKING? that amazes me.

Anonymous said...

What a nut job!! People truly are out of touch with reality sometimes.

Heather said...

No joke. Like we care that he has to fly on commercial jets, poor poor man. I really feel for him. ha

Jan said...

Amen. Who cares about how he has to fly? And I'm with you on the names -- just pick one and stick with it!