Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Baby Brother



One of my best friends in the whole world, Laurel, had a baby boy on early early early Tuesday morning. They got to the hospital around 11 something pm...it all happened super fast, couldn't get any drugs, 4 pushes later and out comes "baby brother". They're still deciding on a name. Here is what I love about my friend Laurel. She has this traumatic birth where everyone is taking their good sweet time getting around to her, she has to suffer through natural birth - not by choice, pops out a kid at just before 1am...and texts me at 1:30am to tell me he's arrived. I love that girl! Tonight I got to go over and hold him and cuddle him. He's SOOOO cute. I pretty much hogged him the whole time - which, another reason I love her - SHE LET ME! Her daughter Rachel was a cute baby, but seemed so much more sturdy than this little guy. He is TINY! He was only a few ounces smaller - but he seems like just this tiny tiny version of a baby. I held Rachel the morning after she was born still in the hospital. He still seems tinier than that. Anyway, for your viewing pleasure - here is "baby brother". I put my vote in for Grant, which is what it was going to be - but Aaron (her husband) called a last minute audible (he coaches football for the U, so had to throw in a football term) and now they're tossing back and forth between Grant and Quinn. We'll see...

2 comments:

Create It Simply said...

I vote for Grant! Toooo Cuuuute!

Holly O. said...

I didn't even know she was pregnant again. Congratulations Laurel!