Sunday, April 1, 2012

WICKED!!

The Broadway play WICKED is in Portland for 3 weeks. Tonight I surprised my mom, who is in town visiting for the week, with tickets for her birthday. Her birthday isn't until the 28th of April, but who cares! It was SOOOO SOOOO great! We've seen it in San Diego and Los Angeles already and we've just put New York on our "bucket list". I'm amazed at people who can sing like that, not to mention the ability to get up in front of people and act. My face is turning red just thinking about it. The musical was so great! If you haven't seen it yet - you really should. As my friend Amber describes it, "it's a great message that really shows you there are two sides to every story".

There is a song just before intermission that seriously gets me every time. Tonight was no different. The song is called Defying Gravity. Check it out here if you want even the smallest taste of how amazing this show is. Or better yet - just go see it when the Off-Broadway comes to your town (or anything even remotely close to your town!)

No comments: