Thursday, November 8, 2007

Hayley, Jo, Me & The Chili's

Last night Hayley and I had one of our dinners. I think we've decided that if we're not dating anyone - we should be okay with dating each other once in awhile. (I'm sad to report she's not as "easy" as she let on in the beginning!)

Anyway, I was late and then we were FINALLY seated! We were seated in Jo's section. Quite possibly 30 minutes passed before we were even acknowledged. Drink orders were taken and then another 100 years passed before they were brought without straws. Mind you the place wasn't SUPER busy or anything crazy - but we didn't even get an "OMG, I'm sooooo sorry - I'm new!" or... "Wow, my section has been SO busy and the kitchen caught fire, and all the dishes had to be remade because fire extinguisher 'juice' got on the meals..." (note: if i was a food service attendant, I would make up the most outrageous stories EVER! Oh wait...I do that already!)

Anyway Jo finally returns with our drinks and throws some napkins on the table. Literally throws. I was already annoyed (and HUNGRY!) So I look at my napkin and realize she's crimped it. DUDE, LEAVE THE ATTITUDE AT THE LAST TABLE!

Exhibit A: The criming - caught on film.
First of all - who knows what I want to wipe with that napkin...and now...who knows where the hands of the culprit behind said crimping have been. Jo...she seemed sketchy from the beginning.


Now...as I'm about to bitch and moan to Hayley about it - I look over to the napkin brought to her kindly by the very same Jo. Need I say more!?!


Okay in all fairness to Jo. This event was slightly dramatized for blogging purposes. Hayley crumbled the napkin up for effect before the picture was taken and after I did actually complain about the state of my napkin upon deliver. But Jo still sucked!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

i hate me some bad service. not that anyone likes it. but still. hate. but at least you were kicking it with hayley. you & hayley are the dream team. we're so going on a date when i come to utah.

Kristi said...

Guh-ross on the crimped napkin. I'm glad you said something. I love that the dramatics were added to the napkin! Very nice. :)

Create It Simply said...

Sheesh...ur SUCH a drama queen! ...Good thing ur funny.



(oh wait....that's another one of the things I like about you. :P )

Hayley said...

seeing the title of this post made me smile. she was a dingbat to say the least. i swear we had to prostitute ourselves just to get a straw, too!!! and I BURNT MY TONGUE on my hot chocolate. but at least we had good laughs!

Hayley said...

also - remember my quesa-crackers? dried/overcooked tortillas don't make good on my fajita quesadilla lovin'

Jamie Harker said...

Hayley-the thing I remember most is having your quesa-crackers land all over the table when I made you laugh and you'd just taken a bite!

Holly O. said...

Do you remember another Jo from years past???

Jamie Harker said...

I do believe the lesbian RA from BYU Freshman year was brought up at the dinner table in fact!

Hayley said...

lesbian jo was brought up at the dinner table. and shoot jamie - i was hoping you'd forgotten my shower of food... i hang my head in shame