Monday, July 21, 2008

My boys!

This past week-ish/weekend I was in Chicago for CHA (Craft & Hobby Association) trade show for work. It was loads of fun. Here are things I observed while there:
A) I don't remember Chicago being that humid when I lived there
B) I have less wrinkles in humid climates (I think the moisture puffs out (nice way of saying BLOATS) my skin.
C) My hair takes about 7 times as long to dry and then is just wettish again by the time I walk outside.
D) My skin is SUPER soft and not all dry/cracky like desert Jamie
E) I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so! (see picture below!) Jen-if your picture turns out better send it my way. PS the humidity wasn't really LOVING the curls! This is Dianne and Jen 2 of my fav ladies from the Midwest!


Another plus to the show was that I got to spend time with my Brothers from another Mother! Matthew (not to be called Matty) and Justin! Gosh I've missed these boys! They were the ones I bonded with in Toronto! We spent the last night wandering downtown Chicago just to get out of the freakin' hotel! Matt was kind enough to drive. We now apparently have a tradition to go to any sort of convenient store and create our own fun. Downtown Walgreens seemed to be calling our name. Justin made friends with Rochelle the check out lady and also these random people that were at least 50 just crossing the street! Just to hang out with them - I wish EVERYDAY was a trade show!

Favourite phrases from the weekend:
"GET IN THERE"
"Artsylicious" (Just, are you going to turn me in for copyright infringement?)
Justin calling EVERYTHING "Gay Pride Parade"
Matthew telling me I've revoked his "man card" by calling him Matty
Matt telling Justin and I that he'll be the designated driver and we can get drunk and make out - he has his video camera with him! (SICK PERVO! haha-not that I wouldn't make out with you Justin...or require astronomical amounts of alcohol in me to do so! tee hee!)

And now, the best thing ever. This is the car trip TO downtown Chicago where Justin explains his lack of car knowledge. You just have to love this guy! It was just his birthday last week too - public blog shout out! LOVE YOU JUSTIN!

3 comments:

kristi lee said...

Gotta love a city that actually has streets named "Wacker!!" NICE!

Unknown said...

You totally look just fine, and I was saying to myself how that photo came out pretty darn good. :P I haven't looked at the one we have yet, just no time.

It was great to see you. :) You need to come see us in Michigan.

Anonymous said...

good times sweet girl...fun to see you both again...i'll see you in orlando

matthew