Tuesday, August 19, 2008

College Take 2...okay 3 or 4 if truth be told

For those of you that know me...this isn't a shock. I am a horrible student! At the ripe age of 18 I miraculously got accepted to BYU. Summer semester was fun...grades weren't horrible - because I actually studied (my roommate made me!) and was only taking 2 classes. EASY! Lots of play time! Then Fall semester came...that 0.86 first semester was, well expected and deserved! I NEVER went to class! (my roommate didn't make me! haha - MELISSA!) I think the only class I attended regularly was my Book of Mormon class with Holly because...well she's funny, our teacher was funny (even though I got a C in the class!), and there were some hot guys in it. GLORIOUS! Hol, remember Johnny K?

Anyway. Since that horrific experience, I lasted 2.5 more years there. I know! It surprises me still! I have attended Weber State, and then a College in Portland for one semester where I seriously didn't care if I could put together a skeleton blindfolded for my Anatomy Class. I mean really - who needs that!?

This is my problem with the education system....and with me! I'm very much a black and white person. If the question pops in my head "when am I ever going to use this?" and the answer is, validly, NEVER...then I tune out. And yes...have a bad attitude.

So now, college attempt - let's just stop counting! Today I went and bought my books for Fall Semester thinking it was going to be an all day event (reliving BYU Days where you stood in line for like 2 hours just to check out). In under an hour I had a parking pass, Books, and student ID (which I didn't even smile in!). I laughed a lot at the girls who pranced in in their skankiest outfits trying to check out boys while book buying. Ahhh the days when I cared about that. Not that I don't care about boys...I've just never really gotten into the whole "try to make an impression". It was funny to say the least. So for fall semester you'll be hearing a lot about Business Accounting and Computer something or other (required!) and seems REALLY easy. Gooooo *insert mascot for SLCC here*.

4 comments:

Holly O. said...

B. BY. BYU go 42!!!!!!!!

Holly O. said...

And PS, I do remember Johnny K. That C was got up you up.86!!!

Unknown said...

yay, jamie! good for you, girlie. my bro is doing the same thing at age 28. there's plenty of time! :)

Jan said...

I hear you on the wasting time on classes that aren't ever going to be useful. I finally sucked it up and just got the mindset that if they were required, I had to take them. I hated it but I did it. Yay for you!