Monday, June 14, 2010

GOOOOOOOOAL!

This weekend was full of my Josie & Thor filled time. They are back from their extravaganza in Europe for the past 5 weeks and MAN I MISSED THEM! It was a whirl-wind weekend of time just hanging out with them as they are already gone again. This time for good! BOO HOO!! I will miss my favourite friend that would always indulge my random class addiction and be my workout partner in crime.

We watched World Cup soccer on Saturday (US vs London). I really didn't pay much attention to the game. Saw our ONLY goal on the replay because I was too busy checking out what there was to eat. Wow'ed Josie with my soccer player name drop - who also just happened to be the commentator in the "office". I really know nothing about soccer. I just remember a couple of random names back when they first allowed soccer as a US Olympic sport.

I've pinpointed that I dislike the game of soccer for the following reasons:
a) I'm better with my hands (that's what she said) than running while trying to kick a ball.
b) growing up in central california I always had to play goalie (see "a" regarding horrible at running and kicking said ball) so they stuck me in the post that never really had to move. God Bless my mother who still resolves that "you were a great little goalie". Sure lady - no body is buying it!
c) I had to get a definition of off-sides from Thor on Saturday.

Sometimes I wish I was good. Nothing like running my fat arse around trying to thin it out. Maybe I should join a team? I'm pretty sure I would be laughed off the little kids league - so best to opt out of it. I do think I want to join a summer softball league. Although - what if I ended up on the team that was insanely competitive and wanted to have like 3 practices a week? Where did my competitive nature go to? Although a trophy would look amazing in my casa.

No comments: