Sunday, March 30, 2008

Back from Toronto

This trip was SO much fun! I met some totally great people while up there!
Janelle, Matt, Justin and I were inseperable for most of the time. Everyone thought we were like best friends, when in reality we had just met. I love meeting people like that. That are just cool and So easy to get along with.

So here was the schedule:
Wed - basically flying all day. Sitting by Layle was SO great. She's the perfect person to get seated by on a long flight. Small chat in the beginning of the flight. As soon as you're safely allowed to use portable devices...DONE. We both plugged into iPods and read the rest of the way. Plus she's really nice and Vicki always talks to me about her like I should know her - and now I do! Thanks Layle! Renting the car, and nearly killing everyone in the car a couple times on the way to the hotel! haha. It's hard to listen to the navigation and talk to everyone and try to realize how many kilometers away things are, etc. Then went to the warehouse to set up the booth.

Thursday - 7am (5am my time) had to get up to do make & takes in the lobby of the hotel for the stores that were there. My class was 8-9:30 and it went SO well. YAY! I got invited out by a couple of stores there to come teach in their stores! I say sure - if you're going to pay my way! haha. Then at 10am - I was done for the day. We had lunch at the hotel, and then Lindsay & Julie from Cosmo Cricket and Matt from BoBunny hopped in the car to Niagara. It was the first time meeting Matt and he's a chatty boy - but really funny and kick back. Here are some pictures from that trip:



Then we got back just in time to "freshen up" and go to the dinner with a special guest speaker. Everyone was supposed to wear Pink because the woman was talking about her breast cancer experience. Pictures of the gang all fancy: (the first guy was this guy that was HILARIOUS! and offered to have me come up to Victoria BC to teach in his store. He was all pimped out in pink. Even wearing ladies pink socks. SO GREAT! The rest are Justin & I, and then Janelle, Justin, Matt & I. I love that the boys wore pink feather boas!)



That night we (above 4) went to Walmart to load up on Canadian items: Katchup chips by Humpty Dumpty (sick!), Dill Pickle chips (delish!) and their chocolate/candy items we heard about all day! Plus we checked through the self checkout in French! Pretty funny because none of us speak Francois and it took us about 10 minutes to figure out we were swiping our cards in the wrong spot. Then we had a P.J. Party in my room and watched 3:10 to Yuma which was really not that fantastic...but fun just to relax and laugh and be silly.

Friday was a day in the warehouse selling. It was still really fun and totally laid back. I sold a lot and got a really good order just emailed to me from the distributor, so I figure my work was solid and meant I could leave at 3pm! haha. So we did! Janelle had to leave early to catch her flight so it was just me and the boys Friday night. We TOTALLY missed her! Dinner at this place called Montana's. I nearly died of laughing when we asked our waiter what there was fun to do there (we had already established with him that we were from the states) and he suggested the Fajitas. HAHA! Also it was this lady's b-day at the restaurant and they made her wear this hat while they sang to her and clapped:



Driving around was fun. We saw the temple - which looked like all the other ones. Then we had another P.J. Party - again in my room and watched The Mist - which was THE WORST FILM EVER! but good to laugh about!

Pictures of the P.J. Party: (in order: Justin in the corner/Matt on the couch, Justin, Matt's self shot of his leg (he's going to love that I included that one), and the boys on the couch. I need to figure out how to do video because that's a still shot of this clip of Matt doing something in a Sean Connery accent. It was funny!)



Justin left early Sat morning, Matt changed his flight to mine and we played "who would you rather" most of the way home! His toughest one "Elton John or Richard Simmons" (he chose Elton). haha. And now I'm home and already missing the PJ parties! Oh well. It was a REALLY fun trip! Also got to see some of my Fav people. Miss Vickie looked cute as ever and told the best, most elaborate stories at dinner! Love that girl! Hope you all had great weeks too! I think you're officially all caught up on mine now!

6 comments:

Jan said...

Looks like a blast -- and I have to say that your mention of stocking up on the good Canadian treats made me realize I need a trip there too!

Justin Quinn said...

Jaime,

I miss you soooo much and it made me laugh when I saw all of the pics of us on your blog!!!!! I will have to get mine posted today! Have the best day ever my Canadian buddy!!!!

Love ya,

Justin

Unknown said...

sounds like a great trip! i'd love to see you in action teaching - i'll bet you're a hoot.

Hayley said...

sounds like you guys had so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

jaime,
i missed out big time on friday night! it was so fun meeting you... i hope we get to hang again soon. I am sending you my contact info so we can stay B.F.F! totally joking but really call/email me! you rock!

Anonymous said...

Hey you! Fun getting to know you last week. Great pics!