Sunday, July 18, 2010

Research & Development

A few products I've tried recently that I wanted to share:

Toma's Self Tanner
Seriously this stuff makes you look REALLY tan and not oompa loompa orange. I really like it! I have people at work keeping me in a "woah - you're too orange" watch just in case. But so far - only compliments on the tan. I've had 3 people go buy it just because I look so tan and fab! It smells a little weird - and I think when it's on I look super orange, but it fades a bit in the shower the next morning.

Purex 3 in 1 Laundry Detergent
I've never been a believer in combining things. Mike Birbiglia makes a joke about hotels, ''You can always tell by how much they combine toiletries. They'll have shampoo slash conditioner slash toothpaste. And you actually have to call the desk and say, 'Can I get some more 'sham-paste?' " Classic Birbigs haha. Anyway, similar feelings where I don't believe when they did it with shampoo and conditioner it works. I mean, yes it would be fantastic to only have one bottle in the shower. However when your hair comes out knottier than when you went in - you know it's a bust. Then I stumbled across a commercial for this product from Purex. I'm a snob about smells of my detergent and I like to control the ginormous portion of fabric softener going into the machine. But I liked the idea behind it....and found a page giving out samples (and they work for High Energy/front loading machines). I tried them on towels and a blanket this weekend. Not too shabby. I probably won't get them again because it's been a day and the smell has already faded from the blanket....need more cowbell (or fab softener in this case). But I do love the idea still.

Kontos Whole Wheat Pocket-less Pita
This is by far my favourite find. I actually got them at Harmons and mmmmMMMM! They're good. And they're super tasty used as Pizza Bread. Now you can have pizza and your house - it's healthier (whole wheat...duh!) and each person can customize their own toppings. Here's my current fav:
1 - whole wheat pita
2 - gluten free pizza sauce
3 - Chicken cubed
4 - 1/4 small zucchini
5 - 1/4 yellow pepper
6 - 1/4 red pepper
7 - reduced fat mozzarella cheese (small amount)
back at 425 for about 10-12 minutes. Seriously YUM!

No comments: