Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Trent-filled Weekend

Last weekend I got to spend TONS of time with my cute nephew. Man there is something about hanging out with that kid that just makes me laugh. I love that he has REAL conversations with me, and will just chat chat chat my ear off if I just sit and listen to him. But if you ask him lots of questions....SHUT DOWN!

Friday I went to babysit him. I told Jake to tell him I was bringing him a surprise. My mom called later to ask him if he got the cookies she sent him - of course he did. Then my mom asked what the surprise was that I was bringing. Jake said he couldn't say because Trent was standing right there. So he spelled M-O-V-I-E (we watched "How to Train Your Dragon" which was really cute actually). When I got to Jake & Denise's house to watch the little monkey I said, "I have a surprise for you". Trent replies very know-it-all-ish "I already know what it is." Said with my best shocked face "How is that possible? What is it then?" Very matter-of-factly...."LETTERS". Because Jake had spelled letters to my mom, clearly that was the surprise. Yup I'm the worst aunt in the world and brought you educational crap. (although he probably would've loved that).

Then Trent and Jake and Denise came over on Sunday for Blake's family dinner extravaganza. I made Chicken Enchiladas, spanish rice and salad at Blake's request. Trent helped me finish the pumpkin carving I had started. Then we turned the pumpkin around and carved one special that Trent designed himself. I think both turned out equally great.

My pumpkin with some design help on the mouth



His pumpkin design. So cute right?

No comments: