Saturday, October 2, 2010

My First Oregon Date

That's right...You read that correctly...I actually went on my first date yesterday (Friday). Technically started at 5:30pm which was earlier than when me and my truck rolled into Portland. I think it's safe to say under 1 week. haha.

So when I first got here I joined Match.com. I know...I know. Seriously. But how else do people meet anymore? Plus I wasn't in it for the "dating" (read: make-out-ing)...just to MEET people...take it from there. I've actually emailed a bit with a few people that seem really cool. (it should also be mentioned that I have also emailed a bit with a few people that DO NOT seem really cool.)

Friday night I went out with a guy named Michael. He was REALLY nice! We had TONS of fun. Laughed lots. We had no real plans (loved that) and just kinda wandered where we wanted. And our whole night was spent walking around....NO CARS. So great. Except at the end where we went to the river to check out the sights of downtown from across the river. GORGEOUS. I'd forgotten what a beautiful city Portland is.

So here's the weird bit about Mister Michael. He's a high school teacher...AT MY OLD HIGH SCHOOL. HAHA. He wasn't teaching when I went there - but seriously....How random is that? Anyway, we had fun and I love that that's all it had to be!

No comments: