Saturday, May 10, 2008

5k Numero DOS!


Today was the Race For the Cure here in lovely Salt Lake City.


Feeling overwhelmed by the number of people there supporting this cause, was a little emotional actually. No - I wasn't CRYING - but I felt MORE PROUD for participating in this race than the Salt Lake Marathon 5k. I improved my time a little, although still was stuck back with some people from my work with "health" issues. It's fine...not really what this one was about. Although, I ditched them right after mile 1 and made up some ground. There were literally people from the Gateway as far as the eye could see! Crazy. The good thing one, this one seemed a lot easier. I think I could get into this. We'll see.

6 comments:

Hayley said...

i forgot you were doing that friday night. i'm impressed! i'm pretty sure i would keel over dead after about 5 minutes.

Jori said...

Good job Jamie! I am super impressed with you. What a great cause. It's amazing how many people this disease affects.

tiburon said...

I am so jealous that you ran it. That was supposed to be my first ever 5k - until my foot fiasco. Now I need to find a new one.

Great job!

Jan said...

Yay for you. I think it does become easier the more you do it - good job!

Suzie said...

way to go. so impressed that you would do this!

and your card-making contest? Thinking about it. Just need to find some product.

Melis said...

I'm a loser! Let me know what your next 5K is and I will totally do it with you. It sounds like you already have plenty of participators- and I will probably end up in the slow bunch anyway!