Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Latin Lovers

This has been quite the week full of Latin men wanting my action. Let's not get too excited - NONE of them are attractive.

Story #1: Driving home from Cali - after stopping in St George I passed this Jetta full of 4 Latinos. I pass - the driver checks me out and then speeds up - thus causing me to look over. So he smiles. Okay so he was actually quite attractive - but still. Basically they would follow close, then slow down, then speed up. I met them again down the road where they proceeded to write me notes from the other lane.

First note: Call me (including some phone number)
Jamie: Shake my head No and mouth "no thank you"

2nd note: Call later 10pm
Jamie: Mouth - WHY?

3rd note: Mi Fono is DEED (i'm assuming that means cell is dead?) Great...they don't even speak English
Jamie: Again - shake head no and mouth "no thank you"

4th note: LOVE
Jamie: NO!!!

And thus my car full of Latin men speed off into the night.


Story #2: At night sometimes during the week I work a 2nd job. It's TOTALLY easy and basically I come and go as I please. Not too shabby. Lately one of the janitors has been getting friendly with me as he collects the garbage at night. He's actually quite nice. Probably 5'2'' and BARELY speaks English. But he tries. Right before I left for California the conversation went like this

Janitor (Francisco to be exact): Are you married? (way to not hold back with the big guns there guy!)
Jamie: NOPE
Francisco: Why not? You are very pretty. (awww!)
Jamie: Guess I'm just not
Francisco: I'm not married either - but I have 3 kids (ewwww!)
Jamie: That's nice.
**and scene**

Yesterday, my first day back working since I got back in town:
Francisco: Hello, how are you?
Jamie: Very well thanks how are you
*small talk continues - not very well due to the language barrier even though I fluently speak Spanish - I don't want to encourage. Time ends and Francisco leaves*
*2 minutes later he returns*
Francisco: (all red faced and shy) I'm going back to school
Jamie: (thinking) my that's random. (says) Good for you!
Francisco: I'm going to go to learn English because I really want to talk to you more and I don't know that much.
**seriously if I liked this guy - this would've been the cutest thing in the world**
Jamie: Your English is actually quite great (it really is)
Francisco: Well I need to learn more so I can talk to you.
(scene ends)

So many hombres (men)....so little tiempo (time).

4 comments:

kristi lee said...

Love me some girl james laughs in the morning. Wish I had some clever line to respond with in spanish but I got nothin'. And scene. . . cracks me up!!!!!!

Jan said...

Still smiling. I love it that all those Latin men are after you! And you are so nice to them!!

Hayley said...

oh jamie - you crack me up. this weekend, i got the full body check out by a mexican guy who then smiled and whistled. and he was at least a head shorter than me... they just don't care. ha!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Hahahhaa...you are killing me here...and I am supposed to be WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!