Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Trip Sum-Up

The trip to Cali was just what the doctor ordered. Okay so really no doctor ordered it - but he/she should've (and no I don't have a hermaphrodite doctor - just being PC).

The car ride was great. I made fantastic time and REALLY should've registered with the Guiness Book before setting out. I'm pretty sure there was some sort of land-speed record set. Lots of shopping with the parentals, hiking on Sunday at Torrey Pines Reserve (see pictures). The worst thing was getting a makeover at the mall at the request of my mother. She's been trying to "girl me up" since 1902 and you would think since it hasn't taken thus far....she would throw in the towel. But OH NO! We Harker women do not give up so easily! And so I invested $185 of HER money in Bare Ecsentials. I have to admit I do like the idea of minerals on my skin instead of pore-clogging GOO. Walking around the mall looking like a beauty queen for the afternoon - was...slightly embarrassing. But - I was being a good sport UNTIL my mom requested we go for a bra fitting at Victoria Secret. My mom has an issue with my boobs (i think because she doesn't have any) and since Oprah said every woman pretty much wears the wrong bra - that must mean if I had the "right bra" my boobs would miraculously disappear! I know she means well - but c'mon! I nixed that one. I could care less if I'm wearing the wrong bra.

Then driving home today - I stopped my one Holly Jo's house. The intent was just for lunch but I got there early enough that we just gabbed and gabbed and gabbed. It was GREAT to catch up with one of my favourite girls! All in all - a great trip off!

Picture of the hike. Seriously if this was my weather/view - I would hike everyday!


This is a collage o' Holly. Well Connor mostly. He's a funny funny boy. The scenic pictures are reasons I LOVE Utah. Gorgeous. And the rest stop picture reminded me of Holly too. Remember when I thought it was SOOO funny during SLC construction all the signs that talked about "Emergency Pull-Outs". HILARIOUS. I'm a dirty girl!

7 comments:

Holly O. said...

So happy you made it home safe and sound. It was fun to gab gab gab with you too. You have a way with kids! I am not surprised, but very delighted. And the collage o' Holly aka Connor didn't show up. But the collage o' yo momma did...I love that she is still trying to make you a girl after all these years.

Holly O. said...

And YES I sure do remember Emergency Pull-out. How could anyone forget that funny?

Jan said...

Sounds like a great trip!! Loved the pictures -- some beautiful places there for sure.

Heather said...

Glad you had a fun trip. Do your parents live in Southern CA now? I used to live in San Diego. Just wondering. As for the makeup, you liked that line Bare Essentials? I must admit Oprah and yo' momma are right on the bra thing (I watched that show too :) most women are indeed in the wrong bra. I hate Victoria's Secret too though. I have the opposite problem as you, I have NO boobs. Hmmm oh well.

tiburon said...

Sounds fantastic. Enjoy your minerals! A visit with Holly always rounds out any trip ;)

Jori said...

That looks like a fun trip!

I am sucking on BL4. Kaitlin told me I look like this gigantor judge(check my block-holy crap it has motiviated me)

Unknown said...

i love that the collage o' holly doesn't have one photo of holly in it! :) sounds like a fabulous trip. we have a different definition of "emergency pull out" on our road trips. hint: it is both wiener and potty related.