Friday, September 24, 2010

OREGON!

Well I'm all moved in! I'm currently pilfering my internet service on an unsecure network called "Kitty Korner" - Gotta Love it! I have internet being set up, but apparently our house doesn't have a single phone jack that is actually connected to anything. Handy.

So on my drive here I had a long time to THINK. These were some of the random thoughts going through my head. Some have pictures to back this up.

1. You know how cops and bus drivers all give each other the nod or the semi hand wave? So my thought as I watched my dad driving my budget truck and passing another Budget truck....should he have done the "nod"?

2. I'm ready to submit a patent for the following information. Car-makers of the world...listen up. You should be able to control the temperature of the cabin AND SEPERATELY control the temperature on your feet.

3. I'm seriously a city girl. As I was driving down the freeway through Idaho I saw this farm and thought to myself, "that is awesome! Someone invented Black and White polka-dotted tarps to fancy farms up!" Then I drove closer and realized that it was just a white tarp with tires laid on it to keep it down. So close.


4. During the trip through Jasper, ID we passed 6 windmill blades being transported by truck. I do love the irony behind the transportation of an alternative energy solution by trucks powered by said negative energy solution (aka fuel)...but seriously these things were GIGANTIC! Enclosed is the best picture I could get while attempting to drive. This this was massive! (and yes that is my truck, being driven by my dad in the picture as well!)


5. Last but certainly not least...the ever glorious 45th parallel that you get to pass while driving through Oregon. It's the exact 1/2 way point from the equator to the North pole. Cool eh?

1 comment:

Marsee Family said...

You are too funny!! Hope you like living back in the Portland Metro! I miss it even though I am just across the river. Boo for Vancouver!