Wednesday, September 22, 2010

...so now it was goodbye

(the more I look at this picture, the more I realize we really don't look anything alike. Funny that EVERYWHERE we go together people ask us if we're sisters. Plus - was I always this much shorter than you Melis?)


Tonight I went to dinner at Melissa & Kurtis' house. Kurtis made a delicious dinner. Chicken brats and this yummy corn, avocado, parsley, tomato mix and sweet potato fries. Seriously Delsh! We talked and laughed and mostly cooed over this beautiful girl. Miss Paige is so friendly! I absolutely love her. I mostly love watching my friend since age 15 being a mom of her. She's seriously so great at it.
Then she went to sleep and we watched Robin Hood - which Kurtis is probably wondering why we started watching a movie because I asked questions - or talked through the whole thing anyway. haha. Since my parents had driven in from California and I just left a key for them under the mat so I could go hang out with my friends - I was feeling a little bit guilty. And that's when the tears started. Seriously going to miss my best friend. But, like before when we've been in different places - we'll always be close. One of my favourite things about her really. No matter what, or where it's always a good feeling to know somewhere in the world is a girl who REALLY knows me, and gets me and still loves me. (and back at ya lady!)

1 comment:

Melis said...

It was a good night just chillin. Crazy where our lives have taken us and how our friendship has stayed solid over so many years. I'm so excited for you to start this new adventure and I guess I can lend you to Portland (for now). Miss you!