Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'm a new Employee!

After 5.5 years at the same company - it's kind of weird to be a new employee somewhere. However, at age 33 I've found out that I'm just there to do a job. Seriously people will either like me or hate me - but I'm just going to be me. So far....THEY LOVE ME! haha.

The last 1.5 days I was in Employee Orientation. Go figure right? It was really fun. They showed us videos and we talked about Diversity (I literally wanted Michael Scott from the Office to present - but no dice). Our guy was good too though. They brought in a Music Thanotologist to play the harp. Seriously amazing talent. And then with 1.5 hours left of the 1.5 days we'd just sat through, we started talking about benefits. So weird. But certainly a great way to be introduced to the company.

Free medical and dental insurance is the main reason I love the new company. Seriously 100% free. I mean I'll have a deductible and a co-pay for any visit...but seriously...FINE! Plus if I get my prescriptions filled at one of the hospital pharmacies...SUPER CHEAP! Win Win!

Then I went to my office and met some of the people I'll be working with. We're having an Earthquake Drill/Fire Drill tomorrow for my first full day of work. I wish I could say it was in honor of me...but alas - they'd had it planned for a bit. The lady in charge of the drill for our department is in LOVE with me because I suggested that she be-dazzle her bright yellow safety vest. She thinks I'm funny! The other lady I trained with thought I was great too! Man - Love that.

So my first full day is tomorrow. Should be fun!

1 comment:

Melis said...

I've been wondering about the new position. The orientation sounds very cool- I may steal some ideas like the harp player! Happy to hear you are getting settled in. Miss you!