Friday, May 25, 2007

Camels & Bees



I'm so excited! Today on my lunch break I went and bought a Camelbak for my "ride" tomorrow. I didn't want to mount the water bottle holder to my bike. Plus this gives me full access to water whenever I want. No stopping required! YAY! Fun ride tomorrow. Last week we went 10 miles, I think tomorrow we'll go farther. Very excited!


Tonight is the Salt Lake Bee's game which I'm also quite excited for. Nothing like sunshine, men with great bums in cute pinstriped pants taking out some much needed aggression on an innocent little white ball. LOVE IT! I love baseball games because you don't ALWAYS have to pay attention. I can people watch all I want and not feel bad that I missed an entire "at bat" for a team. Even if I miss the big hit...people will start cheering so I'll turn and get to see the player rounding the bases. Unlike in basketball (which yes I still love to watch) but you look away you could really miss that one GREAT PLAY! Too much pressure!
I'm looking forward to a lovely 3 day weekend! Happy Memorial Day Weekend to you all!


10 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like a fun weekend! i didn't know you were a biker! funny you should mention the camelback. chris pulled his out of storage after quite a few years and was airing it out, i guess, and it puked up nasty water all over the kitchen counters. nice. he's heading off on a week long trip with the ym tomorrow, grrr. fun times for me alone with the kids for a week straight! :)

Jamie Harker said...

I've only just gotten into it. I bought a mountain bike a week ago and am quite addicted actually. Tell Chris - since I no longer drive the Volkswagen, he'll have to love me for my biking!

Holly O. said...

Okay, we are camelback crazed around here. I swear, we each have one and Connor could drink from a camelback before a cup. Not that it is that hard. But, still. If you store the bladder in the freezer, it helps keep it clean. They also sell a cleaning kit at REI. Very exciting stuff, have fun on your ride!

Jamie Harker said...

Add the word Bladder to MY list of least favorite words! BLEH! And this one isn't even talking about the sack that holds your pee! Still gross!

Holly O. said...

Bladder. Bladder. Bladder. Bladder.

Jamie Harker said...

My name is Jamie, and I DO NOT approve Holly's message. haha.

Unknown said...

yeah, it is sort of weird that they call it the bladder, right. i vote for "hump" instead. (i always vote for hump.)

Melis said...

You guys are seriously crazy and I love it! I am going to need to start posting comments on all your blogs so I don't actually have to write my own. You all know how much I love to write! Looking forward to the ride manana girl james! Time to break in my new purple helmet with pink flames. I'll feel dangerous! Actually, it would need to be red for me to actually feel dangerous (that is a pre-college joke- I'll let Jame blog about that one). And why doesn't it surprise me that Natalie's choice is HUMP!

Unknown said...

yay, melissa is in on this action?! that rocks. i'll be expecting lots of comments on my blog, girlie, or i'll be very insulted! :) safe riding, girls. (oh, and if i want to be a freak and sell it on the weekend, it's none of your business.)

Holly O. said...

LUND!!!!!