Sunday, May 20, 2007

Culture A Go-Go

Friday night Melissa, myself, our friend Laurel and her baby Rachel all went downtown for the Living Culture Festival. I was a little skeptical at first, I'll be honest. We took Trax downtown and proceeded to walk maybe 5 blocks to the Library Square area where the festival was taking place. Just walking from Trax to the Square made me miss the city and how when I move again - I'm going to live downtown. I miss the city city. I hate the suburbs. I like walking places. Anyway, the festival was really fun, the music was great and Laurel's daughter is just the cutest thing ever!




Saturday was the MAIDEN VOYAGE on the new mountain bike. My friend Jen, Melissa, and I all geared up for the big trek. We live right next to the Jordan River Parkway which is this paved trail that will take you from like North Salt Lake to South Jordan (rumor has it, even Provo!) I could tell that Melissa wasn't that into the idea as she's probably my least outdoorsy friend (even though if you asked her she's the world's best camper and fire starter! haha. Holly was on that camping trip - she can vouch). We started out and had the best ride ever! We went nearly 10 miles and it was so fun! I think we've found our weekly Saturday morning event! Maybe more!




Saturday night proved to be more off. There's a guy in our church that Melissa knew from work and had to fire...which is funny all by itself. But then he's in our meetings. He was having a birthday party and printed these really elaborate invites to a party where he will be singing some of his songs. His alias is Rescue Cadence. He wasn't bad actually but it was just weird. Everyone there was from church which was a little weird too. Anyway - that's about my weekend! Sometimes it's fun to just be out and about. I'm such a homebody these days!