Sunday, May 20, 2007

I work for Dunder Mifflin

This was written a bit ago - on myspace...but I thought you'd get a kick!

For those of you that watch the TV show "The Office" you know that it's a paper company called Dunder Mifflin where crazy antics go on all day. I know that the success of the show is that people can relate. Kind of like the movice "Office Space". But NO LIE, I could write a few episodes from a day in the life at my work. The fact that I do, in fact, work for a paper company doesn't hurt much either. For example yesterday....

Yesterday was Cuatro de Mayo. Obviously not a REAL holiday, but a reason nontheless to not work on a Friday and give thanks for Mexican Independence Day. To be honest there are 2 Hispanic people in my whole building and one of them is a Temp. Which just makes me laugh that such a big deal was made. We didn't celebrate Martin Luther King Day at all!! (which is my birthday as well - so of course should be taken into a higher consideration!) Anyway - I digress.

Tres de Mayo (so the Thursday before) I was leaving a little bit late because I had a lot of work to do. When I left out the front door there were all these Red Chili's hanging from the ceiling and images of a Mariachi Band on the front door.

Then to make Cuatro de Mayo even more of a special day. Our credit manager has this notion to bring in a Donkey (okay it's a Mexican Holiday - it's a Burro) and put it in the bosses office. I swear I'm not making this up. Thanks to the ADA (americans with disabilities act) we can now, more easily get a donkey into offices. He was paraded up the ramp, through the breakroom - which I will now, never eat in again as a barnyard animal has been through there, and through the office to the bosses room. CRAZY! So they leave him in there and close the bosses door, and wait for him to be discovered. There's all this laughing and just craziness once he is found.

Of course then there is an announcement made over the paging system for everyone to come get a donkey ride in Paul's Office. Which was SUPER funny! The poor new girl that started Wednesday in our office is probably wondering what in the world she's just gotten mixed up in!

Then they bring in this really nice spread of Mexican Food (my fav!) so I'm a happy girl. Well we're all sitting down in the conference room talking, and laughing and it's a really fun event! (The Party planning committee did a really great job!) When the boss (Paul) comes in late. No lie this is how it went down. He walks in through the west door of the conference room. Parts the red chilis that were hanging down to serve as a curtain into the room. And announces, "Hey did everybody get to see my ass!?!" I literally sat there for a little while, everyone was laughing so hard they were crying - but it was a scene straight out of the Office. Totally funny!

Although my Dunder Mifflin can sometimes be crazy (yesterday and working on advertising BLEH) I really do work in a SUPER fun office. I mean really who's boss would offer a Donkey Ride on Cuatro de Mayo? Not many I tell you!

4 comments:

kristi lee said...

I read this last night and cracked up! I totally needed some laughs yesterday. The kids have been sick since we got back from the trip and we missed yet another Sunday at church which makes for incredibly LONG days since Kyle's gone from 6am to who knows when! Thanks for the laughs, lady!

Unknown said...

dude, that is freakin' hilarious! that does sound like an episode of the office. total michael scott moment! okay, so did you send me an invite to read your blog? i think i remember it now, but i deleted it because i was like, what is this, tranvestite blog spam??? i'm such an idiot. luckily i saw you on holly's bloggers list. i guess holly's into tranvestite blogs, right, holly?

Jamie Harker said...

Clearly your 5 months living with Holly didn't get you to see "THAT SIDE" of her. She ADORES Transvestite Blogs! Even before Blogs were cool! Our Holly - Trendsetter of America! (Isn't it Holly that called Express that? Love that girl!)

I was at work - and couldn't think of anything else for a name. Jamie is just too boring...you know me, I like-a the spice (said with Italian Accent)!

Holly O. said...

Wait a second, I only lived with Natalie for 5 months?? That can't be right. She introduced me to Delilah. And, if she didn't know I like trasvestite blogs, that must be because that comes out after 6 months together. It is all coming together now.