Sunday, July 8, 2007

I've got issues!


Last night Melissa and I and my friend Josh went to go see the movie Transformers. I went kicking and screaming because seriously...who cares right? It actually wasn't that bad! Kinda cheesy in a lot of places - but overall kind of a good message about the hope for human kind (if you can weed through the aliens that are trucks and planes and "transform" into talking "people".)

Here's where my issue comes in. When I'm watching movies like this - you know, end of the world kind where there's destruction everywhere you turn, I find myself not getting sucked into the drama of it all. I know I should be on the edge of my seat wondering if the good guys will win, or I wonder what they're all thinking kinds of things. BUT I'M NOT! I'm literally thinking "WOW! If this really happened, I would be one of the first ones dead! I'm never wearing practical shoes for all that running!" (no lie - that was going on in my head!) or.... "Great! Now that you've saved the city, how will life function now the the city needs to be completely rebuilt because of all the destruction?" I'm a nerd!

Which reminds me of my Junior year of high school where we had to write a paper to reason Romantic vs Scientific and which we were. I, being a girl, of course chose Romantic. However, my English teacher made me re-write it because even he knew then....I'm just not! Probably the comment I made while we were watching this romantic movie was that you could see the tire tracks in the grass from the truck they were filming on (that was filming ahead of the couple walking through this field) was really distracting. HAHA! I fear there's no hope for me!

ps - last night at the movie there was this couple ahead of me that almost made me vomit. They were older - like had a daughter and her boyfriend on a date w/ them. This lady called her husband "my spouse" like 15 times in 2 minutes. And they couldn't keep their hands off each other. Seriously - I'm all for PDA, but ICK! Somethings just shouldn't be brought in public!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

dude, you are freakin' hilarious. i'm the same way. save the sap for someone else. and i, too, always wonder why people try so hard to survive in end of the world situations. take me first. i don't want to hang around and see how it ends.