Saturday, July 7, 2007

Saturday Craft Activity

So today I got a wild hair to FINALLY do something about these blasted pictures! I've had them forever. For my parents 20th wedding anniversary we sent them to Victoria BC in Canada for the weekend. They brought be back these prints by Jimmy Wright which I absolutely fell in love with. I've been meaning to mat them for probably....well let's see - I think my parents just celebrated their 25th anniversary this year - if that tells you anything. Anyway, I just wanted to get it done. I had some frames laying around, but no mats. I didn't really want to make the jaunt to a frame store to buy mat and then cut it - etc. (yes 5 years ago I even bought a mat cutter and everything!) Anywho - Instead I just used card stock. As I work for a card stock company I have it coming out my ears! Here are my 2 masterpieces! I actually really like the way they turned out. Hard to see in the pictures - but I had finally put them on the wall and they were straight - so I figured why mess with it!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

very cute! you are so clever. i could use you over here to take care of some projects. bring your mat cutter... ;)

Holly O. said...

Very cute! GOod job. Considering you are 30 and Matt is older than you, I bet your parents just celebrated 35, not 25!!!

Unknown said...

good point, holly!

Jamie Harker said...

Wow I'm dumb! haha. What's sad is I even attempted at the math! :)

Jamie Harker said...

....or the Harker's have a serious black mark on their family history! *buahahahah* <--evil laugh!