Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I think I'm Nesting!

Perhaps it's Holly's talk about Will, and Kristi is expecting baby #3 anytime...let's chalk this story up to sympathy pangs.


I have been the worst version of myself this past week - so I decided to take a break from blogging. I'm leaving for Chicago tomorrow for a week for work, so I figured I best get one blog in that will tide people over in my absence...and will this story do it!


For work, I have to wear certain clothing. Mostly white shirts. I came to the conclusion while trying on clothes while packing, that I do not own a single white bra. So, while in Target picking up SpaceBags and other such nonsense for my trip, I decided I should probably pick up a white bra so I wasn't complete WT. While talking to my friend Nate the entire tour de Target, I was looking and couldn't find a bra that didn't have 6 inches of padding, or the ones that were basically boobs on a hanger already. Seriously how can people wear those!? I finally find one that reminds me of a training bra. No underwire - which usually I opt for the underwire, but really it's a white bra, I won't be wearing it that often.


So, while still talking to Nate, I look at the size on the hanger (not the size on the actual bra) and head to the check out with the rest of my junk. I get home - still talking to Nate and start unloading my treasures. Well I'm stoked about my new white bra, I mean, how wholesome! So I try it on...I go to put it on and there are these weird things on the inside of my bra. I figure - well it's been awhile since I bought a white bra - maybe this is how they do the underwire. Or it's something totally new technology for bras and I'm now cutting edge! GO JAMIE! I think it's weird, but proceed to put the bra on. Then of course I have to go show Melissa because I'm quite proud of this thing! I'm trying to explain it to her about how it seems like a training bra, but it has these weird things inside - I'm like, "It's like a trainer bra - or like a nursing bra" (GIGGLE GIGGLE!) As I take the tag off, I look at the actual tag on the bra. Yep! A full on picture of a baby with the words NURSING bra right there. I"M AN EFFING RETARD! haha.


Needless to say I pranced around it in for the rest of the night. Just me, my nursing bra, and some PJ shorts. Then I made cookies. I'm already so much more maternal - just from the bra! Thanks Target! Ps - photo enclosed! I didn't want you to feel left out of the fun!

11 comments:

Melis said...

I am still laughing from last night! I hope this "nesting" phase isn't contagious! What will I do without my Jamie for a week?

Anonymous said...

Probably get some SWEET SWEET LOVIN'! Just not on my bed!

Jan said...

OK, I"m laughing out loud at the nursing bra. Jamie, you are awesome!! Nesting for sure. haha!!

kristi lee said...

As usual--I'm crying b/c I'm laughing so hard. I'm jealous b/c I never looked that good in a nursing bra. Had to show Kyle--he just grinned! I told him to get over it and try to be happy with my pathetically small chest!

I also wanna know about Melissa getting some lovin--details please!!!!!!

Melis said...

Jamie was just joking as usual. No lovin to speak of. Feels like the longest dry spell of my life....:(

Unknown said...

freakin hilarious! thanks for the pic, too. i'm making it my desktop. i can't figure out nursing bras. i'm retarded. i just whip it all up and hang it all out. in case you were wondering.

Create It Simply said...

BAHAHA...girl you are a mess! Hilarious, but still a mess.

Create It Simply said...

Oh, and thanks, BTW...I sat there watching that MM video of you and all I kept thinking was.. cute top, I wonder if she's wearing her nursing bra with it :P~~~~

Unknown said...

girl, are you back? i missing you!

Anonymous said...

You are a riot! I wish I would have read this before I left for Chicago, 'cause then we could have had a good giggle together! You almost made me PIMP!

Anonymous said...

I know it's a little late on this comment but, this cracked me up so much!! I haven't laughed that hard in a while. You are the woman!!!