Monday, September 3, 2007

The Weekend Pedicure

Okay, you can completely tell I'm stalling from the whole packing thing! haha. But I think that's why God invented Blogging.

This weekend Melissa and I went to get Pedicures. My toes were in desperate need. I hadn't had a pedicure since I was in California. YEESH! So we went to this place that we've gone to a few times. It's new - so things are clean. And I've watched them take the jets out and clean in them. I feel safe. It's owned by this Vietnamese lady that I swear is wearing the same thing every time we've gone in. However, today when we ventured into the pedicure place it was called something different and there were signs painted on the windows in Spanish. Now I'm not a complete moron and know the difference between Asian and Spanish languages - especially in writing. DUH! Symbols vs letters that anyone can read. So we go in and it's a totally different owner. BLEH. The pedicure was not great, the people were totally unprofessional. I'll not go back there.

Here are the things that made me giggle though about this pedicure:
1. Those of you that know me, know I'm completely grossed out by hairy legs. BLEH. But I went with 2 days of prickle. HAHA.
2. Even though the pedicure was not great - I enjoyed the spanish vs vietnamese. This time, I knew what they were saying. (Melissa's girl was getting step by step instructions as she went...which well - that alone is hilarious!)
3. This isn't a giggle, but why do people put on gloves to do a pedicure. a) you got into this knowing you were going to have to touch people. b) do they have hepititis...should i be nervous? c) nothing like the feel of latex being rubbed all over your legs as a massage.
4. The lady doing mine was completely weird. I don't profess to know anything about lotions, etc and what they do. But she would put lotion on and then instantly tell me to put my foot in the water. I'm pretty sure that's not right.
5. They had this parafin wax bucket filled with Peach wax. The funny thing is...it was plugged into the wall across the room. So she has to unplug it, and drag the whole thing across the room with the cord dragging on the floor. Pretty funny. I nearly lost it with the giggles on the ghetto-ness of this one.
6. The peach wax was lovely. Smelled good. Feet were soft. Then she put this cooling gel on right after she took the peely wax off. It smelled like peach flavored alcohol. SICK! Not what I want my little piggys to smell like.

That's all I can think of. Sadly this trip - we didn't see this guy walking along the street. That would've made up for it I think.
Some old guy wearing a pink silk captains uniform. HILARIOUS!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

that's freakin' hilarious. i had a little pedicure today, myself. i hate that they talk back and forth to each other and i have no idea what they're saying. i know they're talking about how crusty my feet are. because...they are (my feet). they're nasty. i won't even touch them. that's what i pay a professional for.

Jan said...

We did just do pedicures today too -- I always wonder what the heck they are chatting about and figure it's something awful about how stupid I am -- or whatever. My feet look great and feel wonderful though so they can say what they want!

kristi lee said...

Love the adventure. My worst experience was a few years ago with a lady that had 6 fingers. NOT KIDDING. It was the most uncomfortable and freaky thing ever!! I need one soon though because touching my toes is about impossible these days.

Holly O. said...

A six finger pedicure. I bet she really worked Kristi's feet over. Sorry James, your pedicure was less than stellar.