Sunday, December 9, 2007

My weekend!

Wow - sometimes when I put my mind to something...I can really get a lot done!! Who would've thought?
Saturday night I met up with Melissa at Target to knock out some serious Christmas shopping at the Target. I really didn't have a list of anything (which is really unlike me) and so I just started throwing stuff in my cart. Seriously $200+ later I really didn't buy for anyone. Hmmm...Houston we may have a problem! I put up Christmas lights at my house, that looked cuter in my head, but it was a pain in the arse so they're staying up UGLY this year.
I did laundry, wrapped presents, listened to my Martina McBride Christmas CD. I'm not THAT loving it - but my mom has an extra Josh Groban and she was going to mail it....and I'm FORBIDDEN to buy it...it NEARLY went in the cart at Target because I wanted it THEN! I'm so impatient sometimes.....okay all the time!

Today I did some more laundry, and hung up clothes that have been on top of my dryer for a week. I'm really good at doing the laundry, I just hate putting it away.

Tomorrow I have work, a meeting after work, and then Matt and I are going to check the lights downtown. Very fun! I'm finally feeling FESTIVE! (no Santa's hats or jingle bells around the neck anytime soon - I'm still Jamie) but I love that now I'm feeling Christmasy. Although I'll be in California for Christmas where it'll be like 80 degrees and I could probably surf. What the H kinda Christmas is that?!?!
ps - the H is because I've vowed to give up swearing. I dropped the F bomb like 3 times driving 2 miles...clearly outta hand!

I'll take pictures of the pretty lights tomorrow! God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen!

4 comments:

Hayley said...

nice weekend. can't wait to hear details of what you got! and what the h is up with you giving up swearing. can we even be friends anymore? :)

Jan said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I'm thinking that a warm California Christmas sounds nice -- you'll have to let us know what you think!

Unknown said...

you have vowed to give up swearing?! mercy me. let me know how that goes. {using the phrase "mercy me" is the first step.} hooray for feeling christmas-y. but you're not sporting reindeer ears like some poor soul i saw at the mall today. and hooray for dropping $200+ at target. i'm familiar with that feeling.

Holly O. said...

Yes, I could use a little swearing reform myself. Seriously, very bad language in my head and sometimes even out of my mouth. I have young ones!!! I dropped a few hundred at Target the last couple days too. Couldn't tell you what I've bought, but it felt good at the time.