Monday, November 17, 2008

Portland Trip

This past weekend I went to Portland to visit my brothers and my cute nephew Trent. Along the way, thanks to Facebook - that I'm totally addicted to - I got to hook up with some old girlfriends as well! They're not old, I've just known them some of them since I was 16!!!! YIKES, nearly 1/2 my life. Jamie and Lisa and I met up and went to Justa Pasta where I had the best pasta alive! Then we went to some shady dive Huka bar to see Jessica and Derek. There was a toothless wonder sitting at our table trying to make conversation.
For those of you that don't know what a Huka Bar is, it was these little tables that had big water pipes sitting on them that you put some sort of "herb" on top and then smoked. I swear this showed my age that my biggest concern was that everyone put their mouth on the same smokey part. After seeing the guys teeth - you would've been concerned too! It was pimps and hoes night at the bar so there were all these totally skeevy girls in fishnets (not knockin' those...i have some) and the tighest, shortest hoochie shorts ever and barely any clothes. These was one girl in a bustier that literally was going to fall off. And then there was us...me in a jacket and scarf, Lisa in a turtle neck, and Jamie in a semi-turtle neck. Old ladies - YOU'RE NOT KIDDIN! It was so fun to catch up with those girls

Just so you know I'm not lying about the pimps and hoes....


That's Derek - who was lovin' every minute of it!
The next night I got to hang out with Monica and Danae and we sat around talking forever at Acapulco! This Mexican Restaurant that I swear has not that great of food, but for some reason - I always want. So fun to see those girls too!

No comments: