Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wine & Cheese Class


Tonight Samantha and I took another class. This one was wine sampling and comparing different cheeses with the wines.

I am not a huge wine lover by nature, but this was actually really really fun. The cheese guy was rugged and somewhat attractive - I must admit. I think I just found it fascinating that someone could know so much about cheese. I mean to be honest, I'm pretty happy with the Kraft single straight out of the plastic. To me, high society cheese is the Baby Bel cheese I buy at the grocery that I get to peel from the wax.
We tested a Riesling, Pinot Noir, and 2 other wines I have absolutely no idea what they were called. We were given a "spreadsheet" to rate the wines and the combinations. The teacher "man hands" Cheryl was totally snooty and kind of annoying. But very knowledgeable. She had all these rules on drinking wine.

1. You're not allowed to touch the goblet part so you don't disturb the art of the wine. Stem only.
2. Smell the wine first without swirling it around.
3. Swirld the wine, then smell again. It sounds weird - but it actually does smell different
4. Taste a little of the wine and let it coat the 4000 taste buds you have in your mouth. She made this weird slurping noise that actually almost made wine come out of my nose on the first sip. Someone should've really warned us about that.

It was TOTALLY GREAT just hanging out with Samantha again! I've missed her since ghost hunting! Next up for us is Holiday Wreath making! Should be a good time for sure! I can't wait to see the train wrecks we create!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like a load of fun! I'm so jealous!!

Hayley said...

i love the baby bel cheese!!! hahaha. and that's all i'm going to say here!

Unknown said...

I don't know how you find all these classes. I haven't seen anything like it her by us! Sounds like you had a ton of fun!!