Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My day of politics

Today was my first time voting in a BOOTH! Oregon is mail-in stuff, so I've always just only done that. I was very excited. Luckily www.leaveyourprint.com gave me a tutorial on what to expect from the automated voting process so I wasn't nervous! Dennis came with for moral support - even though it wasn't his district and he couldn't vote there. What a nice guy! I thought it was going to take FOREVER, but we were IN - and - OUT!

Then he took me to lunch at Saltimbocca downtown. Pizza...yum! I was getting annoyed at this well dressed man (suit & tie) just sipping water at the bar and staring at me. I told Dennis it was like he was in the Secret Service because he was just loitering. And then out comes the Huntsman party from the back room. He wasn't actually staring at me...they were just right behind me. I do flatter myself though! haha. Governor Huntsman stopped at our table and shook our hands. Probably would've kissed some babies if we had some with us. He kindly asked if we voted, and said "i'm not even going to ask WHO you voted for!". Well congratulations Mister John Huntsman, you were 1 of 2 Republicans on my ballot.

Also, I'm officially a presidential nomination! Don't be surprised if you see some results for Jamie Harker tricking in on CNN tonight! Dennis wrote me in as his candidate. He said his vote didn't count in Utah anyway - so why not?! Why not indeed! Congratulations to me! haha.
All in all, this politiking is pretty tiring work. I'm taking the night off!

My name is Jamie Harker and I approve this message...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I'd known you were interested in running b/c I would've written you in here in TN. You might've carried this state too :)