Sunday, May 23, 2010

The massacre of the "pigs"

Yesterday Melissa and I went to lunch and to get our pigs prettied up for Spring weather. Super fun. And great junk food! The pedi experience, on the other hand, was weird.

The girl doing my toes was all about the sales pitch. Trying to up-sell me on the extra services....which of course I accepted. I'm an easy target. She was constantly asking me if the chair felt good, the water was warm enough, etc. But it wasn't in that tone that was like "I'm actually concerned about you as a patron" but more along the lines of, "Your tip should be amazing because look at all these things that are being performed for you behind the scenes." Melissa's girl on the other hand...not so nice. She barely spoke to her and when Melissa would listen to my girl up-selling me and would want them as well, Melissa's girl would seriously give her this face (WTF...why the face?) like she was super annoyed and she couldn't believe that Melissa would be so bold as to make her do more work. It was HILARIOUS (for me).

And while Melissa's girl did a fine job, my girl was all about digging at my toes with sharp objects. On more than 3 occasions I actually said "OW" audibly. And as of today - my big toes on both feet hurt like the dickens. I think she actually CREATED an in-grown toenail. It's seriously killing me, as displayed by picture below where you can see it's red and swollen where the digging occurred. As for the Merry Very Cherry color that was chosen. Couldn't be more lovely.

No comments: