Saturday, May 22, 2010

Zion


(kudos to my brother Matt for this fab picture)
Nearly a month ago my family took a trip to Zion National Park in Southern Utah for my mom's 60th birthday. It was so much fun. They rented this house that was amazing and we all just hung out and played pool and talked and watched a movie and then hiked around the park all day. It's funny because I really don't consider myself a lover of hiking - but when I'm there and I'm in it...it's really the most fun ever!

The river was running to high and fast so we couldn't hike the Narrows. Sad. I really wanted to do Angels Landing (where someone died the weekend we were there) but it's a 5hour hike and we got a bit of a late start.

Blake had a friend he knows come over and so Matt and I just hiked around together. It was actually really fun. Sometimes Matt and I are hit and miss in the getting along category. But when he's mellow and whatever - we get along fine. How can you not be mellow in some of the most beautiful scenery in the world?
This is a picture of Blake and I waiting for his friend to show up. I miss that kid! He's seriously my favourite person in the world! I love that he's SUPER laid back. And while it drive people in my family crazy - it just makes me love him even more. He doesn't really pre-think about much. Just show up and it'll work out. And if it doesn't - that's fine too. Man it would be great to be like that some days. Unlike the classic Jamie behaviour that over thinks, well....EVERYTHING! I've actually found myself more mellow in the face of a lot of stress lately at work. So maybe there's still hope for me.

No comments: