Monday, August 13, 2007

I have strep throat

I'm completely bummed - and in TOTAL pain. This sucks! My glands are seriously ENORMOUS! After 2 days of figuring it would just go away, I decided to make a doctor's apt this morning. YUP! You would think since my tongue was white and you can see my glands through my throat without even opening up and saying "AH"....they wouldn't have to swab right? WRONG!!

I usually get the swollen glands about 3 times a year minimum. I have stopped going to doctors because in Portland, I was trying to build up a case to get a tonsillectomy. Every time I would get the swollen gland thing, I would suck up the $25.00 Co-pay and go to the doctor. I mean it's for the greater good right? Well (I'm not making this up), twice my doctor actually wrote me a prescription for LIFESAVERS! Not the minty kind mind you, but just the fruit ones - just to give me something to suck on. Suck on this ya big fraud! Therefore, my plans for the tonsillectomy never happened...and here I am still having gland issues. BLEH!

This doctor was good. I was in and out in under 30 minutes. Can't beat that really.
Off for some more sleep.

4 comments:

Jan said...

Take those drugs and sleep sleep sleep. Hope you get feeling better fast!

Unknown said...

ahh, that sucks!!! strep is the worst. okay, someone seriously wrote you a prescription for lifesavers?!! are you for real? i would have asked for my $25 back. that's seriously wrong.

Hayley said...

oh that sucks. i hate strep. its an awful feeling. i would've told that doctor to shove the livesavers rx up his arsenal! and then promptly switched doctors. i hope you're feeling better!

Holly O. said...

Bummer! I hope you feel better soon. And I would have spit in that doc's face who gave you a prescription for lifesavers.