Friday, August 31, 2007

What I wish for the world

Sometimes I really do wish things could change. I'm not trying to wax superior (by any means!), but I sincerely believe that small things can change the world. Here are a few of the small things I believe and intend to invoke to "be the change I wish to see in the world" (Thanks Ghandi).

* I believe that if people need fewer "things" they will be happier.

* I believe that if people say "Good Morning" to complete strangers, that persons day will be better. Even if that person can't remember why by 10am.

* I believe that if I find myself, I will be able to make my own happiness.

* I believe that unconditional love doesn't mean always blindly accepting everything the people you love always do. It means you SHOULD question each other without injury or hurt feeling.

* I believe that first impressions can be wrong.

* I believe that if people stopped to breathe, not be in a rush for everything, there would be more time for the things that are important.

4 comments:

Jan said...

Wow, Jamie, great post. There are so many things on your list that could make such a difference to so many. I just read a quote by Fred Rogers that is exactly along these lines: "If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person." Awesome thoughts.

Unknown said...

very cool, jamie! i love this. especially about finding yourself. great stuff, thanks.

kristi lee said...

Thanks for the simple reminders--I needed it today!

Hayley said...

i believe the children are the future. teach them well and let them lead the way...

(i really did enjoy this post, just couldn't help being a smart ass!)