Saturday, August 4, 2007

Gone to California in my mind

Actually not just in my mind. I'm here in California this week visiting the parentals. I just got in yesterday and it's bee pretty great. Today we went to see the musical Wicked (again)...which I'm in absolute love with. My friend Natalie has a love for Les Mis...Wicked is mine. I love the music and the story and the set. For those of you that don't know it's a pre-quel to the Wizard of Oz. It explains why the witch is how she is, etc. It's REALLY funny and GREAT GREAT music. We saw it this time in Los Angeles. As I'm walking around Hollywood Blvd (which made me have Ryan Adams song - Goodbye Hollywood Blvd - in my head all day) I really can see myself living there. That's a pretty dirty part of LA, but I absolutely love the culture and the hustle and bustle of the on-goings. Even the 3 hours in traffic didn't phase me. It was great! I just feel HOME when I'm in Southern California. We'll see what develops.


Yesterday we went to see hairspray in the theatres, which was also quite cute. John Travolta is pretty great in it, although I couldn't get past his accent. Of course I LOVE Christopher Walken - and would see him in just about anything. He's cute in this movie as well.


Otherwise, I'm just hanging out. Closing out the blog will be a picture of my cute nephew Trent on his 2nd Birthday. I love his hair long like this...and of course the blue tongue from his blue cupcake is enough to want to just kiss him! I'll be back in Salt Lake on Wednesday night, but might check in from time to time while here.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

glad you're safe and sound. i was worried you'd o.d.'ed on nyquil! :) sounds like a fun trip. i love socal, too. wish i had a reason to ever go anymore. i'll have to put wicked on my list. who am i kidding, it's totally on my list. someday! and now i'll be singing "goodnight, hollywood boulevard, good night...see you soon" in my head for the rest of the day. that's cool, though. you can't beat ryan.

Holly O. said...

He is adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

I have never been to Southern California! May need to have you show me around some day!!!! I want to see Wicked!!!! I love musicals!!!!!

Talk when you get back!

Hayley said...

i wanna see wicked so bad! fun fun fun!