Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Things that annoy me lately in advertising.

Seriously - it seems like you can say just about anything these days in advertising and it's just supposed to be catchy, or mean something. This will be a short blog, but I'm just making a point. For instance...


Yoplait Yogurt. I love the stuff. But now I'm boycotting it because their ads on TV are so completely assinine! The fact that they say "May help with digestion". Well you know what, I MAY come over there and kick your ass for that statement! haha. How dumb is that!?!?! I mean, that's like saying, yogurt MAY help you gain financial freedom. And then when it doesn't...what they just say - well we said it MAY....
Okay here is another one. Always (the maxi-pad company). What is with the slogan that says "Have a Happy Period." SERIOUSLY! I mean, yes - it's a part of like, but I'm not going to throw a party each month when I get my period (unless there's a 'scare' I wasn't counting on! haha). I found this link to a story which is funny. It about sums it up on the Always people.

5 comments:

Hayley said...

i'd like to kick a lot of ass today, too! and i wasn't even mad at the advertisers, but now they're on my list, too. and for the record, there is no such thing as a happy period. its tolerable. not happy.

Holly O. said...

I love being on my period! You guys are crazy if you don't enjoy the cramps, the smell, the changing of the bloody tampons every couple of hours, the moodiness. Crazy, I tell you, for not enjoying such fun stuff.

Unknown said...

jamie, you are freakin' awesome. i will eat the yogurt if it may help me gain financial freedom. they should put that on there. but as for the happy period. no. that was a bad idea. a man's idea, i imagine.

Create It Simply said...

HAHA! The always was the first thing I thought of when you mentioned stupid slogans. I have to agree must have been a man that came up with that one...just hoping we'd be convinced and make their lives easier.

Hayley said...

i was listening to the news this morning while i was getting dressed & laughed a couple of times when i heard that something "may help me..." do whatever. i said outloud, (to no one) "i hope jamie's not listening!"