Friday, April 18, 2008

Mother's Day gift (thinking ahead)

Okay so Cheryl's (my mom) birthday is the 28th of April. I need to get her a gift. However while out getting new pillows the other night - I picked up these bad boys as Mother's Day gifts.

They were seriously $4.99 each. I know it's cheesy - but I think that's what I like about them. So I got 4 and I'm going to create her a Jamie line of dishes. Unique and one-of-a-kind! I actually am pretty excited to make them. I remember we had these as kiddos and mine was HIDEOUS! Hopefully these ones turn out better. Anyway, I figured with a couple of people posting about "china" and "new dishes"...this might be your solution if you can't find what you need! Make them yourself! It looks like you can put photos down - so I bet if you created designs in Photoshop, it might just work. Just a thought!

9 comments:

Holly O. said...

Perfect. She'll love these. SOOOOO Jamie!

Unknown said...

ooh, love this idea! maya & masey need to make these for grandma! :)

Unknown said...

where'd you get 'em?

Jan said...

I LOVE this. This is the most fun, creative idea that I've seen in a long time. And Natalie is right -- Grandma would LOVE these!!

Suzie said...

I think these are great and she'll love 'em. I'd love 'em!

Hayley said...

who needs china, anyway, when you can get those bad boys?! your mom honestly will love them! do it!

Jamie Harker said...

I got them at Bed Bath and Beyond. They were $4.99/kit. Super fun! If your store doesn't have them, let me know - I can send some your way!

The Smith Family said...

Hi there. I was looking at fun blogs and found yours. Where did you find this? It's a great gift for grandma, but I also thought it would be fun to have my son make a plat for himself that he could use on special days like his birthday.

let me know :)

smithfamlee.blogspot.com

Jori said...

GREAT idea! I want some too.