Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sadness

This story about a young girl that was reported missing yesterday happened right near my work. Literally 1.5 blocks away. Today while working we watched as volunteers wandered in search of this girl. The church where the headquarters was was directly across the street from my office. The FBI came in to search the office to be sure she hadn't hidden there. Just on the news, they just revealed she has been found dead in an apt not far from her home. (like 2 doors down). I'm actually horribly saddened by the reality of it all. You see it on the news, and it's always sad, but I watched the efforts take place today. This is actually quite hard to accept.

6 comments:

Jan said...

Horrible. No other word for it. This is a harsh world in a lot of ways and it's so hard to accept a lot of it.

Unknown said...

oh my gravy, that is so, so sad. this is a scary world we live in.

Heather said...

That is terrible. I had not heard anything about this. Sad.

Suzie said...

a little bit different and more personal when you are so close to it happening.

so, so sad.

Jori said...

This story has bothered me SO much. I hate hearing stuff like this.

Kristi said...

Oh my, this is so, so awful. I can't believe it was that close to you. That poor girl and her family.