Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Smarty Pants

It's funny how I'm kind of going at life in reverse these days. When I originally went to college I was 18 years old and attending BYU, majoring in Public Relations (only because the rest of the majors seemed really hard!). I changed majors every semester. Anthropology, Interior Design, Education, I really stopped keeping track - as did my parents I'm sure. I've taken, and still not passed, Physical Science 100, PE120, Food Science Nutrition. And yes - I took them each 3 times! haha. PE was a gimme course, you just had to remember to actually take the tests. I got better things to do! My only A's were: Calligraphy and Self Defense (ya Holly!). I had fun with friends, but was MISERABLE going to school there. They say it's not for everyone - and well...that person was me! They finally asked me to leave.

Next up: Weber State University in glorious (cough) Ogden, UT. If you can major in snowboarding there - you bet your cute little hiney that's what I did. I went snowboarding every week and loved every possible second of it. Had okay friends, was VERY outdoorsy and found my inner hippy there.

Now, at age 31 I've decided to go back to school. Because after all that education - I'm pretty sure I'm still a Freshman! If SLCC had a fight song - I'd be piping into my blog. haha. Actually I'll just go for a bit - finish up my generals and then transfer to the U of U for Marketing. I mean I do that for work anyway - I might as well get a degree in it right? haha. In truth, I always felt like I was wasting my time in school because I never actually knew what I wanted to do. I'm not the type to just do things willy nilly (aka - for no good reason). I need definition in things and I finally have it. It's kinda nice to realize what you wanna do when you grow up. Some people, it just takes a little longer!

3 comments:

Jan said...

Don't feel bad, Jamie -- I finally graduated in 2004 from UNLV. I started at BYU too (had fun but didn't do much else) and then just quit when I got married. You'll still be much younger than I was when you finish up. Yay for you!

Unknown said...

yay, jamie! that's awesome. we'll be ute buddies. i'm uofu marketing/pr, baby!

Justin Quinn said...

I miss YOU!

Justin