Saturday, April 19, 2008

My very first 5k

Today was the Salt Lake City Marathon. Don't get too excited - I only did the 5k. It was actually really fun! Aside from the waking up at 5:25am to get to the Gateway, to take a shuttle to Liberty Park, to stand around for a little while...it was fun! My friend Jen and I were standing in line to start the race and the feeling is a little bit daunting. All these people right on top of each other, just waiting to take off. We looked at each other and I said - "do you feel like we're going to be trampled?" So we moved back in the HERD a little bit.


Spiderman was there. Literally - some guy where a full on spandex onsie of Spiderman (mask & all) ran the 5k. He posed for pictures making web spraying poses. It was pretty funny. All in all, a really fun way to spend the morning. I'm set to do it again (5k that is) on May 10th for the Race for the Cure. I'm going to beat my time. I think my unofficial time is 47 minutes. Which sucked a bit, but whatever. It was a good first time - not having really been running at all for training. And a goal to shoot for to beat next time.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Yay for you! I did a couple of those in the past (pre-feet issues) and you just get caught up in it. I'm so glad you had enough fun that you are going to do it again!

Holly O. said...

I am super impressed! Yesterday I thought of you as I watched a friend down here complete a triathalon. I decided I am doing a 5K in the fall. I love to copy Jamie.

Unknown said...

wow, chicky! i'm impressed. i didn't know you were a runner. maybe someday i'll follow in your footsteps...