Monday, June 4, 2007

Happy Birthday Melissa!

Today is the lovely Melissa's 30th birthday!

We took our trip to Mesquite this weekend for a celebration! It was actually really fun! We left at like 8am and made it as far as Orem before we needed to stop for fuel (for us & the car!) The car ride down we both had created mix CD's for the occasion which turned out quite well. We basically sang the entire ride down. I mean seriously, this is me & Melissa we're talking about. What else would we do? Plus the $50.00 in candy that we had in the back seat helped out! Melissa was all about the Slim Jims.

On the way - we stopped at the first rest stop possible. There was literally a Tour Bus full of old people. We had to wait in line for like 10 minutes to use the bathrooms. This little old lady went ahead of us and she come out of the bathroom stall without doing up her pants, like she was saving us all this time by not taking the time IN THE STALL. Seriously lady, I'll hold it a bit longer if you need! This is a picture of me at the gas station w/ the old people walking behind me to get back on the bus. CLASSIC!

Pulled into Mesquite about 1pm and waited in our room for Holly's arrival. She is like the cutest 8 month pregnant girl ever! Of course she'll be horrified that I'm posting this picture (sorry!) But I love it! And thought she looked so cute! We basically laid around the pool for a long while just talking and being our old selves. I loved it. Certainly what the doctor ordered!










Anyway - we went to Walmart (hate the Walmart, but it was all that was in Mesquite) with Holly and of course Melissa and I decided that we needed nighties. Holly was just laughing that we're still silly girls that believe one great nighty can change the world! Massages were great! I didn't realize it was Melissa's first ever! I was glad I booked a girl masseuse for her though. Although she has now officially had her first lesbian experience. She said she was definitely picking up the vibe....and after seeing her - I would believe it to be truth. Mine was a guy that was kinda cute. I certainly could've jumped him, had my nightie been handy! Although the 10 minutes on each "cheek" he spent was pretty much the best touching my heiny has had in a VERY long time!

Try not to be too turned on by my bedroom eyes I'm giving in this picture! We had a VERY fun time! Lots of good joking and singing and laying around at the pool! Gotta love the girl time!

9 comments:

Holly O. said...

You are right, I am horrified. But man, I sure had fun with you girls. Glad the massages went so well. Have you worn the new nighties yet?

Jamie Harker said...

But of course Mrs O'Keefe! In fact I think we both wore them that night just to be extra silly.

Unknown said...

if i'd known there would be nighties involved, i would have flown in from texas, baby! you know i love a good nightie. in fact, i will go ahead and let myself believe that i was the one that inspired the nighties! :) just kidding. sounds like a blast. i could use a little girl time about now!

Melis said...

Nat- I will give you credit, because I had never worn a nightie before that year I met you.

Melis said...

Oops- I posted my comment before I was done... I think my first nightie experience was when Hol and I bought some from TJ MAXX and took pictures of us in them to send to our boys. Talk about weird! I didn't end up sending mine, but I'm sure Holly did! Hol- very good to see you, my dear and you were looking hot! It was a very fun weekend!

Holly O. said...

Melissa is hogging Jamie's blog again. Get your own already!!!

Unknown said...

yeah, melis, do get your own blog. i'd love to be able to check in with you on a regular basis, too! :) i still have the pic from my birthday of me wearing the orange nightie you guys gave me over top of my clothes. silly girls!

kristi lee said...

Love the pics! I've already "outgrown" my nightie I got what. . .a month ago on our trip to Ross! I don't look half as cute as Hol and she's readly to pop in just weeks--I've got months!

Jamie Harker said...

Okay Miss Kristi...we just saw you not long ago - and the fact that the nightie you "grew out of" was probably a Medium...i don't feel so bad for you!

Both of our prego friends look gorgeous! We'll just watch you guys do it and say, "yeah that doesn't look so fun" and "i would NEVER look that cute preg!" haha.