Sunday, June 17, 2007

Tiny Beijing

Tiny Beijing is an inside joke with my brother Jake. This girl he knew went to China and brought him back a t-shirt that was had some slogan for the Beijing Olympics and the rings and all that on it. She bought him a shirt that was "normal" size Medium...only when she got it back and Jake put it on, it was like a belly shirt on him. Apparently Chinese Medium is not that same as my 6'2'' brother Jake Medium. It was funny. He still wore it, mostly to get jokes, but now anything tiny is called Tiny Beijing. Now everyone reading this has been initiated into the Harker Family.

Keeping with this topic, Melissa and I went to Kneaders on Friday before our film Raider's of the Lost Arc. Every week in the summer they show a different film outside in a park after the sun goes down. (Reminds me of Felicity *sigh*). When we were at Kneaders there was this car parked outside.
I'm all for environmentally friendly cars, but this seems a little ridiculous. There were 2 seats ONLY. ZERO trunk space and I swear this was the entire car. No doctoring of photo has occurred. I'm expecting to read up on the car stating that it also runs on Saki. Now that really would be a Tiny Beijing!

5 comments:

Hayley said...

what park plays movies? i love love love kneaders! and those cars are very big in europe. i agree - go green, even with cars, but americans typically aren't midgets. i wouldn't fit.

Jamie Harker said...

Hayley, Here's the list: (they used to play them at the Gallivan Center only. This year they are changing parks each week).

June 22 Fairmont Park - Neverending Story
June 29 Wasatch Hollow Park - Back to the Future
July 6 Jordan Park - ET
July 13 Lindsey Gardens - Ghostbusters
July 20 Riverside Park - Annie

Bring blankets, lawn chairs, food...basically whatever you want. They start when the sun goes down.

Holly O. said...

How fun! And I know I wouldn't fit!

Hayley said...

thanks jamie... i just might have to go to some! (thanks for adding me, jamie... i'm going to add you too, to my list)

Unknown said...

i love inside family words. that's good fun. i think i'll initiate tiny beijing into cottam lingo.